I love words. Creative words, practical words; long ones, short ones.
My favourite is insouciant, although I’m anything but. I write clear, engaging and dynamic copy for briefs, articles and websites. My experience includes:
- Writing articles for a girls’ school in the role of Comms Manager, including this one on science about a Nobel Prize winning scientist, and my favourite interview ever with the Facilities Manager, as part of a ‘Behind the Scenes with…’ series.
- Producing and editing a bi-annual School mag called Strathcourier. Here’s Connections – Summer 2015 and New Horizons – Winter 2015.
- Communications Officer, City of London Corporation, Aldgate Highway Changes and Public Realm Improvements Project. I prepared and implemented an external Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy for the project’s three-year construction period.
- Copywriting for exclusive home-stay business onefinestay and Gratnells furniture.
- Reviewing events for the Londonist, including the Frontline Club’s Photography Networking Event, and Ruby Wax’s Sunday sermon at the School of Life.
- Editing and designing the winning submission for the £300 million Building Schools for the Future (BSF) tender for Ealing BSF, which included managing contributions from architects, interior designers, engineers and technology consultants.
- Writing the urban design brief for the Aldgate Project for the City of London Corporation, which outlines key design principles and arts uses for a new public square. It was used to commission a landscape architect for the works.
- Writing a novel, which is never quite finished though I have plenty to say about it online. I’m represented by the eminently patient Jenny Savill of Andrew Nurnberg Associates.