I’m a qualified secondary teacher but I love teaching people of all ages. I believe we all learn best the way we did as children – by jumping straight in, having a go, experimenting, failing, and then suddenly having that “aha!” moment. Some of my work includes:
- Teaching teachers to Tweet to enhance their professional connections and showcase their work. See Storify for our first TweetWeet.
- Training Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators volunteers in marketing and communications tools and techniques, including Mailchimp.
- Leading public tours of Sculpture in the City 2013 and 2014 for the City of London Corporation.
- Designing and delivering a series of change leadership workshops for six staff members at the Oxford Academy, to support their move to an innovative new school building (2010-2011).
- Developing a skills-based curriculum in partnership with staff at Yewlands Technology College – a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Academy (2009 – 2010).
- Teaching History at Brisbane Girls Grammar School (1999 – 2002), English at St Paul’s Catholic School, Milton Keynes (2003), and braving the underworld of London supply teaching (2004).