We’ve all sat in that uncomfortable chair 10 minutes too long; dreamt of an office window to gaze out of; or dressed up our desks with family photos and plants. Space, light, texture, sound, smell – and our control over these elements – influence our focus, motivation and general well-being.
I’ve worked extensively with architects, engineers, interior designers, teachers and students to create environments that people look forward to being in every day. I am not a designer, but an interpreter: talking to people to understand their needs and communicating with design teams to help them get it right.
I was the educationalist on the design teams for the following schools, all of which have now been built:
- St Bartholomew’s School, Newbury (Scott Brownrigg Architects)
- The Elmgreen School, London (Scott Brownrigg Architects)
- Stockland Green School, Birmingham (Associated Architects)
- Broadway School, Birmingham (Cottrell & Vermeulen Architects)
- Landau Forte Academy Amington, Tamworth (Aedas Architects)
- Landau Forte Academy Sixth Form, Tamworth (Aedas Architects)